29 February 2012

Most Rev. Katharine Jefferts Schori's visit to HK + Busy Week!

PBKJS & Me!
Sunday I served at the 9AM service and got to hear The Most Rev. Katharine Jefferts Schori, Presiding Bishop of The Episcopal Church, preach the first sermon of the Lenten season. After the service she came up to the Mission for Migrant Workers and I had a few minutes to tell her about our ministry and thank her for her support of mission work and the YASC program.

Her sermon was amazing, as usual. I heard her preach a few years ago when she visited the Diocese of Tennessee. Here is the text of her sermon which I hope you will enjoy as much as I did.

Lynette Wilson, of the Episcopal News Service, has been traveling with the PB on the last leg of her trip through Asia. She stayed on a few days in Hong Kong to do some stories on the migrant workers here and the Mission to Seafarer's.

I am still finishing up work on the Statistics booklet this week and then I will move on to other projects. It is important to have this done as soon as possible so I am devoting my time to it. Hopefully I can produce a document that is informative and inspires those who read it to act.

Questions/comments/thoughts? Please share!

Grace and Peace,
Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment