02 December 2011

December Update

Hello Friends!

December is here and it's finally getting chilly! I had to break out my coat this evening when I went out with a friend. 56 degrees tonight! The little Christmas tree Spencer left is out on my table but that's about all the decor I've got going on. I've already received two Christmas Cards and I was thrilled to the gill! Keep 'em coming :D

I'm almost at five months here in Hong Kong and the travel bug has bitten. December 30th I am traveling to Japan to visit Katie and Nicole (fellow YASCers) for a week and I can't wait! We are tossing plans around for what sounds like a great week of fun and good times together.

I am handling six cases right now, involving accusations of child abuse and illegal terminations of contracts (i.e. fired because she found out she's pregnant, fired while on medical leave). One client's employer was also trying to convince her that they had cancelled the letter of termination that she had sent to immigration so that she would have to stay with them. So grateful for my amazing co-workers at the Mission who give me advice when I'm not sure how to proceed. I am surrounded, daily, by an incredible, dedicated, loving group of people.


Blessings to you all in this Advent season! I wrote an Advent wreath lighting liturgy focused on Mission if you are interested. (it's not too late!) Just email or comment!

Grace and Peace,
Kathleen


No comments:

Post a Comment