19 November 2011

End of a very busy week!

"The Flying Angel"
Phew! What a busy week this was! The Anglican Alliance Asia Consultation closed on Friday after a hefty week of conversations about the work the Alliance will engage in. It was an amazing process to watch and I look forward to seeing what comes out of the consultations. Rev. Stephen, who runs the Mission to Seafarers here in Hong Kong, arranged for a group of us to go out on the Mission's boat, around to Aberdeen and back. It was a fun trip and a side of Hong Kong I hadn't been to before.

I spent most of the day today at my apartment catching up on household chores--and sleep! Much needed rest and housework accomplished. In the evening I went over to a friend's house for "Friendsgiving".. we shared food and fun, and it was so wonderful spending time with everyone gathered there. I am so thankful for all that God has blessed me with in my life, and all the good friends that I share it with. We had chicken instead of turkey, hummus, angry bird cookies, almost pumpkin pie, green bean casserole, bread, apples, mulled wine, mashed potatoes, and probably some other things I am forgetting. It was a delicious meal!


Looking forward to getting "back to normal" next week. I have missed my clients and being at the mission this week. On Thursday (the real Thanksgiving) St. John's is having a service and a lunch after so I am looking forward to that also. :)

Grace and Peace,
Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment